I am totally against Coal and the destruction it has brought to our state and our Planet. But I am in no way against the Coal miner’s. They are only working to take care of their families, West Virginia doesn’t have much else to offer them.
The Upper Big Branch Mining Memorial Group has received the first major corporate contribution to the Upper Big Branch Miners Memorial in Whitesville.
Martin Engineering, based out of Illinois, will donate $25,000 for the project.
The Upper Big Branch Mining Memorial Group was established in February, to raise funds to construct a memorial plaza located in Whitesville.
On April 5, 2010, 29 miners were killed in an explosion at mine. Two other miners were seriously injured as well. The memorial will commemorate the events that occurred at UBB, pay homage to all fallen coal miners.
Our state is jammed packed with Mining companies that could have already, after a year, funded this project completely and then some.
Massey Energy should be paying for this, but as usual Massey could care less about the 29 innocent Miner’s who died, all they care about is the money.
If you would like to make a donation to this memorial click the link below for more information.
As always please keep the West Virginia Coal Miner’s in your thoughts and Prayers may God Bless them and protect them. Never forget the 29 men we lost.
Photo Credit: Rossco ( Image Focus Australia ) via Flickr
- Massey Moves To Seal Mine Where 29 Died (huffingtonpost.com)
- Independent Probe Blames Massey for Mine Blast (scientificamerican.com)
- Appeals Court Rules for Massey Over U.S. in Upper Big Branch Mining Probe (nytimes.com)
- Independent West Virginia Probe Finds Coal Giant Massey Energy Systemically Failed to Comply with Law (crooksandliars.com)
- Our Covenant with America’s Rural Miners (whitehouse.gov)